Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tips for customer testimonials

I've been using this method for gathering testimonials for years but it depends on the industry you are reaching from and to. Not all customers are able to give a good testimony because the company hasn't done it in the past and aren't very good at probing. I plan on giving it another try over the next few months. We'll see how change goes...

I have my phone set up, so that I can record directly to my computer, using the Sound Recorder function. I use it for when I am doing consulting on the phone. This way I can produce a CD of suitable discussions, or develop transcripts. However it has another very powerful use and that is for recording testimonials.

Once you have a recording, you can transcribe it and send it back to your client asking them to put it on letter head and to sign it. Alternatively you can put it as an audio track or as text on your web site.

Another way to really boost the number of testimonials is to run a contest for your customers.
Use the best testimonials to promote your business. Use them in direct mail, in your advertising, on your web site, arm your sales people with them.....use them anywhere you can
 blog it

No comments: